Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Splat!

Monday, I got out for my first outdoor ride of the year. Today I went for another season first. I decided to fall down and go splat. I was rolling along enjoying a blue sky, sunny day when I encountered a refrozen patch of meltwater on a heavily cambered, shady bend in the road.

Its interesting how many things can go through your mind in a short space of time. "Hmmm that's an interesting sensation, as if my rear wheel is slipping. Hey, my front wheel is slipping too. Uh-oh, I'm going down. I hope I don't break anything. Well, I didn't break anything. Did anyone see that? Is the bike okay?"

Luckily it was just a bump on the hip as the slick road meant I just slid along without even tearing any of my clothing. Still, it was a great day and a nice ride.

No comments: