Monday, February 2, 2009

Outside again!

I got out for my first outside ride of the year this afternoon. I know, I know, there are lots of people who don't let the cold, snow, and ice keep them indoors and off their bikes for the winter, but I'm not one of them. The roads around here have cleared enough and it was a sunny afternoon in the low 30s, a perfect day for spin on my Ritchey that I sung the praises of in an earlier post.

Its amazing how good it feels to do that first outing of the season. The little hills that will barely be noticed later in the season provide a perfect opportunity to stretch the legs a bit and think of all the work yet to be done. All the memories of the previous season and all the hopes for the upcoming season compete for attention in my brain. The best part is the scenery changes. It never does on a trainer in the garage or a spin bike at the gym.

I'm glad to be back at it and out on the road again.

No comments: