Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wenatchee Omnium TT - Reading between the numbers

Today's time trial was a mixed bag for me. Conditions were good, not quite as windy as last year and temperatures in the low 60s. I was the first in my class to go off, starting after a couple minute gap to the class in front of me. This left me with no one in sight to chase. Having done this race last year and having been unpleasantly surprised by the severity of the headwind on the return leg, I tried to hold a little back on the way out for the return struggle. This plan worked well and I turned in a time that was about 10 seconds quicker than last year. Unfortunately, it was not quite good enough to equal my 10th place and single point from last year. I ended up 11th out of 38 riders. Last year's TT field was only 35 riders, so from my perspective, this years 11th is maybe an improvement of last year's 10th.

Next up is this afternoon's criterium downtown, never one of my strong suits.

No comments: