Friday, May 15, 2009

The Night Before

Tomorrow is the first day of the Washington State Omnium Championships in Wenatchee. It will start with a TT in the morning, move on to a criterium in the afternoon, and finish up with a very difficult road race on Sunday. Last year was the first time I did this race and I entered it with few expectations. I managed to score a 10th place in the TT and got some points in the road race as well.

This year, in part due to my "success" last year and the fact that I've raced and trained a little more leading up to it, I'm hoping, and maybe even expecting, to do a little better. A local TT ridden earlier this week shows I am at least as ready as I was last year and probably even better. Its a little like waiting to open your Christmas present in the morning. I'm ready, excited, and hopeful. Lets tear in to it and see what we get!

No comments: