Sunday, July 20, 2008

Two weeks to go

Last time I wrote about my feelings about time trialling vs. road racing and said that if I could do only one it would be road racing. Despite that, I'm now two weeks away from, and very eagerly looking forward to, my biggest goal for the racing season. Last season, I finished 7th in the Masters C field at the Washington State TT Championships but found myself less than a minute out of the medals. During the off season, I set myself a goal of medalling at this year's TT championships. I spent time in the gym over the winter for the first time and have been working hard all year towards this goal. This season, I've been faster than ever in the time trials I've ridden, so it all seems to be working. I've got one more week of hard training and then I'll rest up for a few days and head for Tenino to see what I can do. It's the same course as last year so it will be easy to get a direct comparison to last year's effort. I'm sure I'm capable of going under an hour and if I do, I should be in good shape for my goal.

Two more weeks and hopefully I'll have to think of a new and improved goal. Stay tuned ............

No comments: