Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Five days to go and ready to rock!

Just five more days until the 2008 Washington State Time Trial Championships and I am ready to go and fired up about my chances to achieve my goal of medalling in the Masters C field. Last night I averaged over 25 mph for a 15 mile training time trial on a slightly hillier course than the championships course in Tenino. I'm definitely feeling on form and riding fast. I've got a sexy and fast new Ritchey WCS deep section carbon front wheel to go with my rear disc so the bike is flying too.

These last few days before a targeted event for me are like waiting for the arrival of Santa Claus. I'm sure I'll be jumping out of my skin by Sunday morning. I'll do a couple of easy rides this week, try and get enough rest, and keep focusing on positive thoughts for this weekend's race. I'll let you know how it all works out.

No comments: