Tuesday, April 17, 2012

2012 Icebreaker Time Trial

My training has been in full swing for a while now and with Daylight Savings Time finally here, I’m getting in a significant volume of riding.  This is good as the racing season is fast approaching.  Those sentences are true and seem pretty reasonable.  However, the quirk this year is that I did my first race over six weeks ago.  The Icebreaker Time Trial in Auburn was the first event in a new five race time trial series this year and came early enough that I had nearly zero training for it.  As it was part of the series I am planning on doing though, I felt it was worth going to and seeing if I could score any points at all.  It was held on a dead flat 10 mile long course which was a plus for someone just climbing off the couch.  I had hoped to be under 25 minutes for the race but turned in a time of 25:13 which was good enough for 11th of 20 racers in my group.  Not what I hoped for, but let’s face it, hope is all I had, nothing useful like training!  It was a good enough result for the start of the season and I scored some points for the series so the only way from there must be up.  The next races in series were the Skagit Valley Time Trial and the Northshore Hillclimb Time Trial in mid-April and I knew I’d be better prepared for them.

No comments: