Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the road for another season

Here in the Methow this winter, we've been blessed (or cursed if you're part of the skiing community) with a light winter and road conditions conducive to bike riding.  This has enabled me to get back on the bike outdoors about a month earlier than I have the previous two years.  This January start to my outdoor training has mercifully spared me riding on the trainer except for a couple occasions and has me eagerly looking forward to the beginning of the racing season.  In fact, given the work I've been able to accomplish already, I've decided to launch my season at the Frostbite Time Trial in Everett at the end of February.  Last year I rode an MTB race at the end of February, but that was more of a lark with no real expectation of any results.  While I am tempering my hopes for my season debut due to the early date, I am quite confident that I will be able to put in a good ride and expect a solid result out of myself.  We'll see how it goes in a week and half.

Regardless of the result in Everett, the following weekend I'll be back competing as part of a team at the MVSTA's winter triathlon.  Last year the team I was part of won the team classification (due to our outstanding skier).  This year it is a new course and I will have different teammates, so we'll see how it goes.  Again, I'm confident I'll be riding a little stronger which should help.  At any rate, the event is a lot of fun and will be a great way to continue to get back into the swing of another racing season.

No comments: