Friday, October 17, 2008

Bibjeans?

When I started this blog, I said it may contain things unrelated to bike racing that happen to leak out of my brain. This is just such a post.

Every year as the weather cools, I'm forced back into wearing blue jeans. I'm blessed/cursed with very narrow hips which makes it difficult to keep my jeans up. A belt helps, but really needs to be uncomfortably tight to do the job. I could try to be cool and wear my pants halfway down my butt, although that looks stupid on a teenager and exceptionally stupid on someone more than twice that age like myself.

Drawing on my cycling experience, I think I have a solution. Nearly every cyclist who has ever tried bibshorts never wears anything else on the bike. They are very comfortable and totally eliminate the chance of a gap between your jersey and your shorts. This is the inspiration for Bibjeans. Imagine, no uncomfortable waistband or overtightened belt. Just as with cycling bibs the bib material could be mesh or some other lightweight material. It's true that you wouldn't be able to tuck in your shirt, but that's not cool anyway. Maybe a modular solution with shirts that attach to the jeans could allow those who feel the need to have a shirt that tucks in to do so.

It's a long off-season, who know what other bizarre ideas I'll come up with.

2 comments:

bikeguy100k said...

You need help, my man. Are there any good therapists certified in shock treatments in town?

Bibjeans? Yes, they're called OVERALLS!

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a sad reflection of your inner mind that this is what is working it's way around in there! We should get out more. Friends don't let friends show 'bikers crack'.
~ Bitchin' Camero